While the Jazira Storm campaign led by our forces against the Daesh terror organization in the town of Hajin in Deir ez-Zor and its surroundings continues, Daesh terrorists are seen taking many different measures to escape from the small area they are now confined to. The break-up of the organization has been accelerated, and the number of terrorists escaping is based on our information.
Additionally, we know that the terrorists are planning attacks to slow down the progress of our forces by attacking civilians as a last resort.
A group of terrorists of different nationalities that had been planning the mentioned attack were captured and put under long-term technical and physical surveillance by our relevant forces.
Eight Daesh terrorists of American, Russian, Ukrainian, German, Kazakh, Tajik and Uzbek origin were captured during the operations carried out by our Special Operations Team on January 6th and 7th. The identities of the captured foreign terrorists are as follows;
- Adil Rahimov, (Abu Amina Uzbeki), 58, Uzbekistan
- Farhad Qaderov (Abu Bilal Uzbeki), 28, Uzbekistan
- Mohammad Dawlat (Abu Moshab Tajiki), 22, Tajikistan
- Askar Zarmanbetov (Abu Dawoud Nougha), 27, Ukraine
- Sattibek Oshibaev (Abu Rouqaya), 30, Kazakhistan
- Bimuraev Begjan (Abu Sara), 30, Russia
- Soulay Noah Su (Abu Souleiman al-Amriki), 16, USA
- Lucas Glaß (Abu Ibrahim al-Almani), 31, Germany
YPG Press Office | January 9, 2019